Can you tell when you SO/DH is upset just by his tone??

My Dh and I are currently not in a "fight" but not on the same page about something personal right now and although we aren't bickering or fighting about anything, we both know we are feeling opposite and aren't getting anywhere so I can just tell by his "tone" that he is upset.. so weird how you can know someone THAT well, isn't it??

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah I can. We've been best friends for 13 years and married for 6, so I know him better than he knows himself sometimes.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• lol. Just like you learn you babies different cries. :) Is it a pop cry? a wet cry? im hungry cry? You just pick these things up over time. It is pretty amazing.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I can tell when my DH enters the room, and I don't even have to be looking at him. it's like the air gets tense or something the room just feels different.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 1:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Kind of but it's pretty east to tell. He's usually a pretty happy, outgoing person so when he's being quiet or giving me short answers I know somethings up.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Thats pretty much every species. We all do that as a form of communication. Looks, tones, inflections, level of voice...its all showing intent and emotions.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes. My DH isn´t much of a talker, but when he gets home when he kisses me, I know by the type of kiss it is whether or not he is mad, and at home, if he is shying away from us instead of being in the same room, even if he is doing his own thing, I know that he is upset. he won´t tell me he is upset. EVER. I have to drag it out of him.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• OMG can I ever.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Oh yes mam!
    mommytolucasray

Answer by mommytolucasray at 2:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes I can!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I can tell he's upset by his facial expressions or his tone of voice.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010