Anyone ever have to get rid of flea's in their backyard?

We have a lot of fleas in our backyard and need to get rid of them so our dog doesn't keep getting them. We put flea medicine on him every 2 months but haven't gotten rid of the fleas in our backyard.Never even thought to do it since we put the medicine of our dog and he doesn't have any. any safe way to get rid of them since I have 2 kids that play back there and don't want my dog licking it or dropped his food and eats it?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pets

• They have stuff at Walmart to put on your lawn to kill the fleas in your yard. But if they also got in your house than you need to treat your house 2. It's a BIGGG mess but if you don't take care of it soon it will be horrible. I know from experience and we ended up having to call an exterminator and we are still having issues.
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• What Trishy7 said - get it under control ASAP because if you don't, your whole family will have horrible flea bites!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have never had this problem but then I keep my animals on advantage year round because I have several that are allergic to fleas. If a the fleas jump on mine at any point they die so I have never had to worry about them in the yard or house.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i hate fleas also
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thanks I will go look and see what they have at walmart. We tried Raid for Flea's,it didnt work well enough for how expensive it was($9 for one can)
    JacobsMommy05

Comment by JacobsMommy05 (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010