what is wrong with me? Having trouble breathing

What does this sound like to you. For that past few months. Everytime I fall sleep I wake up to catch my breath because I can't breath then I can't swollow and have to sit straight up to breath again so I have a hard time falling sleep at night. I sleep on my left side because if I sleep on my right side I go numb on that side. I sleep with my mouth open and closed and still I do this. If I fall sleep on the couch I do it as well at night, but if I fall asleep during the day I don't do this. But now today is the first time, but I am having a hardtime breathing today I keep having to take deep breaths to breath. I ztarted smoking again last summer, but since this today I am not smoking anymore. What does this sound like to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Health

• i sometimes wake up to catch my breath but not all the time id say u rly need to see a doctor that doesnt sound too good
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sounds like you should go to the doctor.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You need to see your doctor, don't ask us to diagnose a problem for the doctor, no two ways about you need to see a doctor!

Answer by older at 1:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I was going to say sleep apnea, but because its now happening during the day time as well, I could be the more serious central sleep apnea. Basically your brain forgets to tell you to breathe. You definitely need to go see a doctor.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I should also mention that it feels like something is sitting on my chest
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Blood clot, sleep apnea, panik attack.... SEE A DOCTOR TODAY! not later. Who cares what we have to say on cafemom you need to see a doctor and find out whats going on.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Stop wasting time here and go see the doctor now!

Answer by older at 1:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Go to a doctor!!! Get off the computer!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I can go to the doctor right now. My 5 year old is about to get home from school in about 30-40 minutes and my 2.5 year old is asleep and I don't have nooone to watch them at all and DH is at work. I also don't drive.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Take the kids with you, find a doctor that is open on the weekends, go to a clinic when the kids are home from school and your husband is home to take you, call a friend for a ride, call your family. Just stop making excuses and go!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010