What do you do?

Does anyone have a hint/consequence to telling a child (reminding) over and over again. Like what do you do if something is not done (the same thing) over and over again. A chore or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• If my daughter leaves her things on the floor where I walk I step on them.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 1:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• They lose a portion of their allowance, they can lose priveleges (watching movies, playing games, etc.). Time out. There are tons of options. How old is the child and what chore are they refusing to do?
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• For my children I don't stress about things like chores, or picking up. I use to but it just caused me such a headache and made everything so tense and frustrating for everyone. They do have assigned chores, however what I do know is ask when are you taking care of that (dishes, floor, picking up items left laying around), and they will give me a time or say something like at the commercial or right after this show, or in about 10 minutes...whatever it is and they do the chore when they say. I've found trying to control the exact moment is too much of a headache for me, however if they don't do the chore in the time they say they will, I take away priveledges (ie - you didn't do your dishes you're not going with your friends until they are done). Last night I just gave my older son a hug while he was on the computer and said Please Please do the dishes tonight...and he got up and did them right then.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• When it comes to that with my children they lose a portion of their allowence for every chore that isn't completed by the end of the day. They'll have certain chores to do daily that will add up to a sum of money at the end of the week. If the chores are not done they don't get an allowence. If that isn't incentive enough they start losing those things they refuse to take care of.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• He loses a toy or a TV show he may have wanted to watch.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010