How old do you think is too old?

At what age do you think kids should stop Trick or Treating? I don't like to see big kids begging for candy but my 12 yo still wants to go and have fun.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would suggest a carnival or church harvest fest where he can play games to earn his candy
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 1:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My son went last year at 13 and will this year at 14. Why should there even be an age cutoff? They are children...why rush them headlong into adulthood?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think any age is appropriate. People love to dress up and get free candy!!!
    cindysm

Answer by cindysm at 1:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I trick or treated till i was 16 its fun when your that age and can wear cool outfits that your parents dont pick out
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I say let him! What's the harm in it! I was still going trick or treating when I was well into my teens! No one really cared, and if they did they just gave me the candy anyway and didn't say anything.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think any age is cool. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• As long as the child is actually dressed up and is being respectful and nice, I don't see that there has to be an age limit. Well, I mean once you are 18 obviously you should stop...but I only have an issue when teenagers come to the door dressed in regular clothes, or when they are being obnoxious or rude and causing problems. I trick-or-treated until I was like 16. Yeah not everyone likes kids that old knocking on their door, but we were always nice about it. Its a fun thing to do and there's no rush, IMO, to tell a child they have to stop something they love, just because they are " too old".
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I don't think any age is too old. If you're 35 and show up at my door, I'll happily give you candy! You're never too old to have some fun!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i'd love to see an retired couple T-r-T. that's be a hoot!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think that 13 should be the cut off.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2010