potty training regression

Hello..my boy is 2 years and 2 months old....we started potty training since he was 2 years old and he was great...i can say that in a month of training he was asking 95% of the times....obviously accidents happened too..but since a week ago, he started pee again all the times...he only says pee when he did it...so i am a little frustated because he was doing well and now it looks like if he never got the idea....please any hel, advise...anyone that had the same experience...i do not if that is normal or nop.....it looks like a total regression.....please help..thank you so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At my sons 2 year check-up the doc said that even if my son is showing intrest he may totally loose intrest. She said many boys really don't fully train until closer to three,
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• my son and if not all kids go through this..
    Its a stage. They are tired of the routine.
    Did you give him something after he would have gone to the potty? -- and have you stopped that?
    It will take a while.. Relax about it . i had to learn to do that.. he will get it down . it just takes time. It could take a whole year to have him actually get it right! and not want to do something else instead of going potty in the toilet!
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 2:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My son is almost 2 1/2, and we're basically going through the same thing. I still try to encourage him to try a couple times a day, but I don't want to pressure him too much if he's just not ready. He was really excited about it for a while and then lately he seems over it, so I was afraid I started too soon. It's so hard not to stress about it. I have to work on that too. ;-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• we went through the EXACT same thing!! I finally gave up after 2 months of regression. I put him ullups which i never had. Guess what??? He started teling me again!! Who knew! Worth a shot.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010