If your child attends private school, what made you make that decision?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in

• We chose private preschool b/c they have a better curriculm, smaller classrooms, and just better overall. The same reasons apply to why we will choose private grade school.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I do not respect the school(s) in our area for numerous reasons. I wanted a Christian-based education for my children as well.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 2:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The fact that our state is ranked 49th in education and our graduation rate is less than 50%
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My DD will start a private preschool next year, and continue through it until she goes to middle school. There are a lot of reason for that choice. Better education and teachers, smaller class size, safer school, more access to materials (including books, sports, scholarships) not to mention they have all day kindergarten (the public school system doesn't).
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The school system where I live is bad! My son loves catholic school.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I forgot to mention, if we chose to, she can continue to go to private middle and high school, too.. the school she will start at next year only goes through elementry ages, though.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The public school here sucks, the classes are huge and our school is extremely small. We also wanted Christian education.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010