Anyone with a baby and doesn't want them to grow up because they don't like kids (like ages 4-10)?

This sounds soo terrible, and I realize that.. but I can't help it!

I have a two year old, and so far she still seems like a baby in many ways. I feel anxious about her getting older because I just don't like kids. I am either going to deprive my child of having a "childhood" or I'm going to have to get over it. I don't know how I can just get over it.

I don't like the way kids look, (this is SO horrible, but not having teeth, and then having teeth that are too big for their little tiny mouths, they are oddly proportioned at that age), they are dirty (play in dirt, don't brush their hair/teeth, etc.), I don't like the "attitudes" kids get. GAAAH there is a lot.. Maybe its because I was made fun of at that age,I don't even know.. I just don't know how I am going to enjoy my kids when they are between 5-10 ish.

Is there something wrong with me to feel like this? Any suggestions on how I can help it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why did you even have kids if you dont like them?
    Anonymous

• How a kid behaves, how well they upkeep their hygien, and how they handle things depends on the parents and their evironment. Not all children are unkept, not all children are misbehaved, not all children are unruely. If you want a well behaved, well kept child then you're going to have to raise one. How that child acts is up to you. There isn't a predetermined manner for how children are, it all depends on the parents. So yea, suck it up and raise your child how you think they should be raised.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I actually prefer the older ages. You can have so much more fun with them when they are no longer "babies."
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I agree with Jazz, the way our children behave and how they take care of themselves is up to the parent to teach these things. You can't do a whole lot about the akwardness of the stages, but you can teach your child how to take care of themselves and how to behave. You will need patience and you will need to be understanding.
    I don't think its uncommon to not want our children to grow up, but for me it has a lot more to do with them finding independence and not needing me so much. To see them grow into great people, but knowing that they no longer need to turn to me for everything and the time spent can be less as they get older.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

I so agree! My youngest is five years old and I love this age. He's so much fun now and we can do so many more things together. And I can ride roller coasters with my eight year old!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010