What can I get to feed my 1 year old?

MY son just turn one years old that means no bottle and baby milk. he is now on whole milk. therefore he is not eating anything. he drinks the milk when he feels like it. what can i get to feed he?

Baby_Malik

Asked by Baby_Malik at 2:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop giving him milk as a whenever drink. Let him only have a cup of it while eating. He can have water instead. He can eat any vegetable, fruit, meat or whole grain. He really only needs 16 ounces of dairy a day MAX. So, if he had cheese, yogurt or pudding, he doesn't need milk.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My DD loves fruit- sliced strawberries, peaches, banana, etc. FOr vegetable she loves sliced avocado and she still sometimes eats the pureed vegetables as well (she likes showing off her spoon skills0 lol!). She'll eat most meats, I just cut them small. As in so small that if they get swallowed whole they won't choke her. She really loves rotisserie chicken from the grocery store because it's pretty juicy and flavorful. Yogurt is popular, too. For snacks she likes pretzels and animal crackers, or dry cereal like Chex, Cheerios, etc. Egg could be a good option if you don't have allergies to worry about. Oh, and for grains she really loves cooked noodles or grilled toast with some olive oil. My DD just turned two but she has been eating most of these things for the last year or so. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• By that age my son was eating everything that we ate with his fingers and even some things with spoons. As long as you eat a well balanced meal there is no reason that you can not offer everything you eat at the table and have family meals. If they are not eating whats offered that well you can supplement with vitamins or child friendly foods enriched with vitamins.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 3:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• my doctor said to feed my one year old whatever im eatting and not to cook for him and since mine cant have while milk he uses lactaid and i dont even give that to him as often as i should lol but he's big and strong so im not so worried about it right now
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 6:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010