TMI nipple stimulation question... adult content

I read that stimulating your nipples will sometimes trigger labor. Last night I did this for maybe 3 minutes or so, until I felt a contraction. I stopped after that and didn't want to do it anymore (also didn't have any more contractions). Well today I noticed that the areola is very tender and swollen! Also a little lighter than normal. What the heck did I do? My nipples aren't leaking or anything like that. Is this something I should be worried about? I feel so stupid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you just stimulated a little too much so today you are sore. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you rub something too much it's going to get irritated is all. You could put a little vaseline or lanolin on your nipple to soothe them. I'm sure they'll feel better in a day or so.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• That can happen sometimes from over stimulating them. That's probably all it is. That's one of the reasons I wasn't fond of nipple stimulation while I was in labor, trying to speed it up.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• ALL THESE QUESTIONS MARKED ANONYMOUS HAVE TO BE FROM THE SAME PERSON!!!!
    Anonymous