How does sex to induce labor work?

My labor is stalled and I want to get it started again. How do I use sex to do that? How long should I keep the semen in and how should I lay to keep it in? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Labor inducing hormones are released during sex and orgasm.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• There's a chemical in the sperm, that helps induce labor, don't know how long your would leave it there
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It only helps to soften the cervix...it doesn't really start labor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sperm is cervix softening, but the actual sex and orgasm release oxytocin.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• the seamen have nothing to do with it. When you have an orgasm the mussles in your uterus contract and that is what will bring on labor. In my opinion its kinda like jumpstarting a car lol Good luck and hope labor dosnt last to long!!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Shelii has it pretty much right.. that is why some genius people tell you to drink caster oil, it is suppose to give you the.. runs.. LOL.. which also spasums your uterus.. basically jump starting contractions.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Orgasms can aggravate your cervix, causing contractions. Sperm contains a chemical that can help soften the cervix.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• What exactly *is* a "stall" ~really??

What does this mean to you?
    Why did it happen?

Is your baby-body TRULY ready for birth?
    (Doesn't his mean they aren't ready yet?)

It is NORMAL for a laboring/pre-laboring body to break. Avoiding interventions helps to avoid unnecessary risks (including cesarean).

Rather than force something that isn't ready, you might rather look to remedy the issue.
    There are ways to Listen to what your body is trying to say / do, respectfully~
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Actually semen IS helpful.
    Ladies you can look this up in your books, ask your NR, MW, OB, doula, birth class teachers, Google, etc.
    Prostaglandins are helpful, as is oxytocin.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The semen will help your cevix soften and often times make you get contractions which in turn make you dilate! Have fun lol I am 40weeks 6 days along.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010