Why Now?

I am 24 and only had 2 serious relationship. Just recently broke up w/my ex we were together for 1 year and 3 months. The relationship ended with pain but I just started feeling it. For the past 2 months I have been staying busy so I dont have to think or talk abt it. But its still in the back of my mind and sometimes comes to the front so I have been avoiding the situation. My ex has tried contacting me but I brushed him off (acting like a BITCH) and now he doesnt call at all. But that is kool because I need to heal. Anyway, why am I feeling so sad all of a sudden? I was told that I should communicate with other guys and I tried that but I think that they want to sex me so I discontinue them. I know the basic...focus on my daughter, school, and work. What else can I do?

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• This sounds cliche, but give it time. Nothing else can really fill that void immediately. Tell yourself that you are giving yourself three months to grieve (because you are grieving the death of a relationship) and don't be hard on yourself.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 2:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Be up front with guys that want to date you. Just tell them, (no sex). You will weed out the bad guys.

Answer by louise2 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You need to think and talk about it. Don't completely avoid it, because you're going to heal with a bunch of open wounds.. Talk to a friend or family member about how you're feeling, don't just ignore it and push it away, or the pain will never really go away.

Good luck!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Talk about it, write about it and pray about it. Time will ease the pain if you let it. Be honest with yourself about how you feel and why you feel that way. You can't own his actions and mistakes, but you can own yours. That will help you from making the same ones in the future.

By the way-guys don't chat up women they are not attracted to. No sex unless you are ready to commit to a relationship and make sure he's "present" during that conversation.
    Mercedus

Answer by Mercedus at 2:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• you need to be around some good friends that will listen to you and your doing the right thing dont just go talk to any guy im tellin you guys know when a women is hurting and your probably right they do just want sex and a good thing to would be find a hobby you and your little girl can do together swimming, dancing, arts and craft what ever keeps you and your mind busy and it will bring your daughter and yourself closer and you might even discover a hidden talent also talk to family member if they cool to talk to

good luck and sorry about the ex
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Talking to other guys will not do anything but make it worst on your end. Them Guys see you hurting from love pain see they are going to talk to you all day alone with other ladies but, at the end of the day NEW GUYS only going to try to take that to there advantage and try to have sex with you/ Use you for money/etc.I Had to learn that the very very very hard way. Have you had sex with any guy between the time you and your ex broke up?They will get sex from you and not talk to as much. My advice to is that if you and him was together for a year and 3 months that's your heart there's nothing you can do to forgot him i don't know the full story but, a year and 3 months that's love . it's a 1 out of 20 chance u going to find real love for talking to other guys. Go where your heart is before its too late, If he tried to contact you that shows he cares maybe you and him should talk things over go somewhere nice and discuss things.
    jessica20010

Answer by jessica20010 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010