Do you have any recommendations for educational toys for a really smart 5yr old?

I'm trying to create a Christmas list for my 5yr old. Yes, I know... it's kind of early. Anyway, I'm kind of having a hard time and was wondering if anyone had and recommendations. She's 5, but really smart for her age. We have bought several toys for her over the years, though she's only interested in them for a week until they're old news. Her favorite things to do, believe it or not, is color and her homework.

kkennedy07

Asked by kkennedy07 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Shopping

• Books and board games from my experience. My six year old is the same way. The other day he told me he checked out a book at his school library on Mosquitos. I laughed and asked why that and he said "Cause I wanted to learn about them." MAN that just tells me he knows you learn from books, and for him to just do that on his own...just awesome!

Or something really cool that he can learn from and go from there. Like a Chemestry set...or dinosaur archiologist thing...dont know what its called but my boy wants it. LOL
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I'm thinking about getting my 5 year old son the handheld video game one I think it's a leap frog product. They have all kinds of games for spelling, math and other things.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 6:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My son is 4, he has the Vtech educational game system, he enjoys that. I also got him several educational games for the computer. He feels like its fun and challenging, and I like that its not just "brain junkfood"..
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I am an educational consultant for DiscoveryToys and would love for you to visit my site at www.discoverytoyslink.com/toys4love and check out all of the options for your 5yr old. All the toys are educational and are guaranteed. And they are affordable. 70% of them are under $20. I personally recommend the Think It Through Tiles. Great for several years of learning.

If you have specific questions feel free to email me at toys4love@discoverytoyslink.com

justfortoday

Answer by justfortoday at 4:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Costco.com has really great educational toys right now. I would really like to buy some of them just for myself because they look that fun ;0)
    jaimielea

Answer by jaimielea at 5:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Or if you want to get him familiar with the computer, go to funbrain.com
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Don't forget Learning Express! It's got a great selection of educational and developmental toys. They've got an online shopping option, but you really should check to see if there's a store near you because the staff are experts. They'd be able to tell you what would be great for a 5 yr old!
    goodtoygal

Answer by goodtoygal at 2:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009