Is anyone else anti social?

or maybe just shy. I don't know how to just go up to people and make small talk and silence around people I'm aquainted (spl?) with is uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i'm not anti social but i don't go out of my way to talk to people.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 2:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yes, I am... its Very hard.. I actually used note cards with "small talk" on it but that didn't work.. its so hard sometimes.. its like I literally go blank
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yes. For the most part,I don't like people. Sounds bad,but I hate all the drama they throw at you when you get acquainted.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I don't generally like people, so yea I am pretty anti-social. I have to deal with people all day at work, I don't go out of my way to be social with people when I don't have to. I have had the same group of ten girlfriends for like 15 years.. and they are pretty much the only people I hang out with.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• since i had our son it is a lot harder for me to talk to people and make friends... its not a easy as it was in school... now that we are older it seems difficult... my SO makes freinds and i try to talk to thier ladies but i always feel like im going to say something dumb and they will think im super strange... i have aquanteces (?) but not really freinds now
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I kind of am since having kids. It kinda sucks I use to be pretty good at talking with everyone, making friends with everyone. Then I had kids and I never left my house. So it got weird being around other people. I finally started getting out there again, and my dad died now I don't want to talk to anyone anymore. Especially my neighbors, all they want to talk about is how I feel, and I want to avoid talking baout how I feel about my dad dying to strangers who don't care.
    But its weird, I can talk on here like normal. Like I know people.. lol Whatever I guess. You live and learn..
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Pretty much. Part of it has to do with being hearing impaired and just having trouble talking to people. Another is shyness. It's just easier for me to keep to myself. It does get lonely sometimes I admit, but then I see the problems that people have with their friends and I think "I don't miss that."
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm like that too. I am very shy, very introverted. However, once someone gets to know me or I can trust that person, I am pretty much an open book. It's getting through the trust.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm not so much anti-social...its more of a trust and who is honest with me type of thing.....but when you meet new people you hear their lives and stories..makes you almost want to steer clear of a few cause of the drama that seems to surround them. Maybe no fault of their own........but few friends yes.....many....no.

Maybe Im borderline anti-social!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010