When talking to other people about them, how do you refer to you in laws?

I realized I've never really "owned" them.. just an example, my sister has been married for a few months, and I still refer to her husband as just that.. HER husband.. I don't say MY brother in law.. just wondering if that is just me (and possibly because I don't like him? :-) )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope they are my mother-in-law, father-in-law and brother-in-law. I love them as much as my own.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My sister LOVES her husband's siblings, and she calls them her brothers, and his parents her mom and dad.. I will never do that with my SO's parents when we get married. I guess I don't like them much, either! LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i call my moms husband " my moms husband" when i talk about him in any way... and it is because i do not like him...so im not sure about the in laws...i just always say their names or SOs parents
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I don't want to use that type of language here. lol
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• my sisters husband i call my brother in law. but my husbands sister i call my husbands sister. probably because i dont really like her.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Have to go anon for this so I don't have to hear about it for the next 20 yrs. I refer to them by Monster in law, Bastard in law and slut in law. Whats really bad, my husband is the one who came up with the names.
    Anonymous

• I don't have any siblings so I don't know how I'd refer to their spouses, probably the same way you do or just their name. But I don't usually call my husband's parents my "in-laws" I just say (my husband's name)'s mom/step dad. I refer to his brothers as just his brothers too, not my BILs.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i usually say ''dh's mom/sister/brother/niece/nephew''...there's not much of a relationship with any of them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I refer to mine as father-in-law, fat hateful cunt, stupid hypocritical bitch, lord of the douchebags, and loser.....LMAO!

I just refer to mine as FIL, MIL, SIL, BIL, and BIL when need be. Don't talk to any of them (except FIL) and I rarely ever talk about them.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010