32 weeks

Has anyone deliverd this early? Im not having and pain but my stomach keeps tightening and loosening! I have a bad feeling that im going togo in to labor soon! I called the doctor and he said its all in my head and the tightening and stuff is normal! Im worried sick now idk what i should do!!!!!!

brittany320

Asked by brittany320 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had my son at 31 weeks. I thought I was having Braxton Hicks until it progressed into full labor within half an hour. He was born 15 min after I got to the hospital. I was really lucky. He was a lot bigger than expected, 4lb 1oz still tiny. He spent his first 12 hours on a ventilator and spent 30 days in NICU because he wouldn't gain weight, took him almost 3 weeks to be able to take food orally.
    Bottom line - if you were to do deliver now your baby would have some problems but most likely be fine. But get checked!! Call your doctor. If it is preterm labor it can be almost always be stopped if it's caught early enough.
    wendya78

Answer by wendya78 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• yes people haved thm that early but it can cause problems you still have 5 weeks til full term if it gets to bad get checked they may have to stop labor
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i know people have deliverd earlier, but i just want to know will the baby be healthy enough!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I'm 32 weeks and I haven't had any sort of Braxton Hicks or contractions or anything. You should maybe be timing them just in case, some women do in fact deliver at 32 weeks. My stepsisters and my cousin all three delivered at 34 weeks and their babies were preemies but they're doing just fine now. If the tightening becomes painful and you notice a pattern, you could be in premature labor. Just keep an eye on it and be ready to call your doctor if anything seems weird : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• no it can cause breathing problems and other problems the lungs arent developed enough yet thats why 37 weeks is full term
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you did happen to deliever say, today or tomorrow, your baby would probably be a little small and have to spend some time in the NICU, but they'd most likely be just fine after a few weeks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Just get as much rest as you can, lay down on your left side, drink plenty of water. I had contractions the last 2 months of my first pregnancy (yes they were contractions and not BH). How far apart are the tightening and loosening? Is it kind of hard to breathe when it happens?
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 6:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i guess its like 1 hour apart, sometimes more and sometimes less! and yes its hard to breathe when it happens!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• until its aout 5 min apart you dont have to worry
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2008