My boyfriend gave me herpes

He's been acting like a dick since I first told him I thought I have it. And today I got my results back so I texted him that I did and to let me know when he wants to talk and he texted back is it bad and I said yes and he said then what's there to talk about. ... Idk what to do right now. I've never had an std. I was tested before we started having sex two months ago and I know I didn't have anything anyway. He told me he had been. Obviously he lied. Idk what to think. I just want to ask for some advice or words of encouragement or something. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Get rid of the SOB! He lied and gave you a STD! What's to think about! It's a bastard and needs to be kicked to the curb.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• hang in there hun. unfortuneatly allot of men never show signs of Herpes so they never know they have them and even worse some get diagnosed but due to lack of knowledge think that if they show no signs they don't have it anymore. I hope you are one of the lucky ones that never have signs after your first outbreak. Message me if you want to chat about it.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• if he lied about some as that important that can fuck with your health then honestly you need to brake this off for your own good

sorry about the std good luck and just remember its not the end of the world
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If I were in your shoes. There are a few things I would have to consider before fully making a decision as to what to do, or how to handle the situation.

Did he know he had herpes?
    Did he knowingly and willingly lie about his STD status?
    Why & when did I make the active choice to have unprotected sex with him?

Those things would influence my choices in regards to where to go from here.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i would freak out
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 3:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• DITCH HIM ASAP AND NEVER LOOK BACK!!!! my ex 3 years ago and I went and got tested before we started haven sex without condoms.... we were both clean.... well 8 months later I found out at my OBGYNS office that I had chlaymidia... I asked him and of course HE DENIED ever cheating on me.... well, one day he was in the shower and I peeked at his phone (I know, i'm horrible) but the sent messages said different... what an asshole....

I didnt hesitate to kick him out that day lol

move on girly
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 3:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am so sorry to hear that you have to deal with this hun...the guy is an asshole kick his ass to the curb anyone that cared about you would have been honest with you about getting tested and if he did get tested and he still managed to give you herpes that means he cheated either way you can do better than this guy...hang in there it's not the end of the world! talk to your doctor about what you can do to reduce the affects and avoid spreading it to others and go from there
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• thats why you ask to see results but you need to get rid of him he lied and give you an std how much more he got to do to you for you to break but i am really sorry this happen to you and i hope it all works out for you good luck
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm sorry you are going thru this but if he's not being supportive, why keep dating him
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 3:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm so sorry you are going through that, but remember there is so much help for you out there. Talk with your doctor, and maybe consider a counselor. Hang in there hun!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010