• In the Spotlight:

What kind of birth control do you use or have used and what was your experience with it?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 3:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Health

• I used Norplant when it was on the market. I LOVED it, I didn't worry about birth control at all for 10 years (it lasts 5 but when I had one taken out, I had another put right back in) When I was done with that I tried Depo but it made me crazy, I couldn't remember to take the pill, so we decided just to start having kids. We had our 2 and then my hubby got a vasectomy, so I don't take any birth control at all now. I am thinking of something, just to regulate my periods (they are heavy and irregular).
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Lets see.... Depo got pregnant with it but miscarried. The patch I had bad skin reactions to it. Neuroplant, I got pregnant and now have my daughter, IUD I couldnt use very long due to lilted uterus, mini pill got pregnant off of it now have my son. Right now I'm practicing abstinence, helps with hubby being deployed
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Endometreosis..lol... sucks but so do condoms... I have a very sensitive system so I puke off almost all pill versions of BC..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Depo- that was great other than I gained a lot of weight.
    Patch- caused me to become anemic which made me pass out at work a few times.
    Nuva ring- got pregnant on it twice and miscarried both times.
    Pill- no side effects I just couldn't remember to take it.

Right now I am back on the shot and surprisingly haven't gained any weight for the last 9 months I've been on it.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I was on two or three kinds of pills in high school to try to regulate my period, but I can't remember what they were. I think one of them might have been Ortho-Tri Cylclen, but I'm not sure. I hated them. They made my periods WAY heavier and worse, and I broke out like crazy. Then I was on Yasmin (pill) and I loved it. Shorter periods, less cramping (only a few days as opposed to two weeks), I didn't break out as much, I was able to lose weight, I had fewer migraines, etc. Then I was on the mini-pill briefly after my daughter was born, but not long enough to form an opinion. After that, I got the Mirena IUC. I HATED it. It almost put in me in the hospital. I cramped constantly, became even more depressed and suicidal, migraines all the time, I gained 35lb in less than two months, I was moody, lost a lot of hair, lost my milk, and a few other things (I have a journal about it). Then back to Yasmin... (Continued)
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Lost almost all the weight I gained from the Mirena with little effort (I had been dieting and exercising the whole time I had the Mirena, but kept gaining, and it wasn't muscle). Now, I'm on the Depo shot and I HATE it. It has the same hormone as the Mirena, but I wanted to try it to see if I had a negative reaction to having a foreign object in my body (I was also allergic to the Mirena material somehow), or if it was the hormone. Same story with it as with the Mirena, only on a smaller scale. I got the Depo in July, and I've gained like 15lb already (still dieting and exercising). Thankfully I get to get back on Yasmin later this month.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010