Have you ever caught another woman flirting with your DH and he didn't even know she was flirting?

Last Saturday we were at a BBQ with our friends. They had invited several people whom we did not know and some were single females. This one woman (girl, lol) plopped down on the couch next to DH and started doing that high pitched soft talking with that giggle they do. He was talking she would giggle and cover her mouth and he would keep talking and she would pull her hair blah blah blah...my friend came over to me and said "does he even know she's flirting?" I said no thats why I am watching this. He came over to me a few minutes later and said she was a nice girl I said really why? He said because she was listening to him ramble about video games...I LOL and said really? thats funny because if you walk over right now and ask her a question about anything you said she would have no clue...He then realized and it hit him that she was flirting ...we moved to the porch for a beer and avoided her...what a dunce sometimes...LOL

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 3:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Yup. I sometimes point it out to him and then he realizes that she was flirting with him. He doesn't really care because he loves me too much and gives me all of his attention. He is nice to all of them, though. Most of the time, it turns out to be a waitress, and it bothers me a little bit until I realize that I have a wonderful handsome hubby, and we should be nice to the person who serves our food. At some point, though, I accidentally on purpose show off my rings, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. That is okay with me because I am going to be the person with whom he goes home. ;-D
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Haha yes. But sometimes it seems like my husband is being flirtatious even when he's just being nice and he's naive to that too lol. I mean he never does anything suggestive or anything like that but he naturally has this really big smile and that alone sometimes looks flirtatious even when he isn't trying at all lol. There are times we're out to eat and I can tell the waitress is being a little flirty and he's completely oblivious lol. I think it's hilarious! You would think MEN of all people would notice these things. But then again, there are those douchebags that think you wanna hop into bed with them simple because you glanced over at them because they stared you down for 10 minutes! wth!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My DH would have no clue either.. tyfs that is funny.. and she needs to pay more attention. Side note, how flattering to you!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 3:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• One of our old co-workers had a thing for my DH to the point that other people would say things... He never noticed.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes. My husband is quite clueless in this area.. He never catches on to it, never sees it, never even gets that it's going on.. LOL

I just sit, giggle and shake my head when I see it happening. It is truly a sight to see, last time it was a young woman maybe 23 (if that..) and she was trying hard really hard to get a compliment and some attention from my husband.. He was so absolutely clueless, that each time she was asking about this or that, his answers were always along the lines of "Gee my wife likes....... or.. My wife sure looks good in........ or ..........My wife really enjoys........".. I just sat as lmao....
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yep ... im not sure if they know it and pretend not to or if they really dont know it but they are always really good at pointing out if someone is flirting with us
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 3:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• LOL When I was working Hubby and I worked for the same company but a different store. Well his store needed help and since I had his mother to watch our son I volunteered. Well no one knew I was his wife. There was a storm with a tornado watch and this young girl maybe 17 or 18 starts acting like she was scared of the storm and went over and started crying to him. Well of course she was trying to get him to pay attention to her and was flirting and trying to get sympathy. I'm not sure how exactly things went during their whole coversation because they went back to the back of the store while I was busy with customers. But anyway he ends up coming from the back with his hand guiding her back up on her lower back. Which is one inappropriate and two well it made me steaming mad. He says he didn't even notice it was flirting he was trying to be nice. I can see my husband being a dunce but still don't know what to think.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• LOL, same thing has happened to me. My DH was all "she is a way nice" and I was like" ya because she wants in your pants" lol, and then he realized that she was flirting and then he started apologizing to me because he did not even realize that is what she was doing. Men are not the smartest sometimes lol!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2010