DO YOU GET YOU MAMMOGRAM WITHOUT YOUR

Dr. having to remind you every year, or do you know to go on your own? My Gr-Mother had a breast removed when I was a teenager so I'm very aware about getting it done every year. Also my Pap smear, with my yearly check up which I always get. When I was a teenager they wouldn't even say you had cancer, it was something you just didn't tell people you had, not quite sure it was a shameful thing back then. It's been around SSSSSOOOOOOO long you'd think they's have a cure for the damn ILLNESS by now. SO SAD !!

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Health

• Once I am old enough, I will get them every year. I have to get a colonoscopy every 5 years because I have a very strong family history of colon cancer. I don't play around when it comes to screening tests.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I should have a Mammogram but I don't have the nerve... My Grandmother lost both breast, and my Mom had cancer that started in her kidney and traveled through her abdomen. Then it spread throughout her entire body, breasts as well, but it was too late by that time, and she died. So to say the least I'm terrified to find out anything. I saw her suffer through treatments that didn't work, just made her more sick.
    IMO a cure isn't likely, there's too much of an industry for it now.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm not old enough to get regular mammograms yet. I did get one a few years ago though when I had a lump. I had to go there twice though because the first time I went in they refused to do it because I was too young so my dr called them and chewed them out.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I have had my first mammo this past spring and I am 38. I was supposed to have it done by 35 because of a family history of breast cancer. It is now recommend that a womens first mammo be by 35 to get a baseline. I don't need a doctors order for my insurance.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I won't get my first mammogram for 9 years
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Nope, I've never had one, don't plan to any time soon either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2010