I am thinking of joining Costco. I am a busy mother of five and a daycare provider. What do people think of Csyco? What do you buy ther? Do you have a master shopping list that saves you time? Thanks for any imput!!

elizabeth5

Asked by elizabeth5 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• As a daycare provider it's a must. You will love it. Go once to check it out first. Make a list. I find I can do most of my shopping there without the regular grocery store.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am a daycare provider as well and I got rid of my Sam's club card.. a mixture of the store being 40 minutes away and trying to have more variety for the food program.. I do most of my shopping at the farmers market instead.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 3:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• we have a family with 5 kids. we buy organic peanut butter and jelly there, and all natural syrup, cane sugar, brown rice, quinoa and diapers regularly.
    for the daycare you have they have goldfish crackers, organic animal crackers and other snacks too.
    we save a lot by buying ink for our printers there too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• We are just a family of 3 with shared custody of a 4th, but I still use Costco. Diapers and wipes alone make it worth it. We also get non perishables and paper products, and got our printer there. For a daycare I can definitely see the 100 dollar executive member ship paying for itself, with that you get 2 percent cashback at the end of the year. Gas is also often a few cents cheaper there as well.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• We really only buy dog food,spaggheti sauce, and meat there on any kind of regular basis...we did buy our mattress there, and a few other non food things

A lot of the time I find that I can buy the store brand of something at Walmart for cheaper than the bulk name brand stuff they have at Costco- but then I'm cheap so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Costco is the best. I have never had anything from there that was not worth the money. They change things all the time and that can be the only con when they take things away that I like.
    2hurt

Answer by 2hurt at 1:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My experience with Costco and Sam's Club is that it's not worth it. Unless you have 12 kids you need to feed, you can do better with your dollars at the regular grocery store.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Costco saved my life.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• IMO Sam's club is better, has more selection and better deals.
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 5:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2010