I don't know how men do it.... adult content

I've been thinking about proposing to my bf. Why? Because he's asked me to marry him a dozen times but I keep saying that I need time to think about it. I've been married before while he hasn't and if I do this I want to make it special for him. I'm ready to make that commitment to him but I don't want to say something like, "oh hey I'm ready now". Lol I want it to be special for him...

I don't know what to do either... He wanted to prpose to me at the falls so probably something like that.

but anyways on to my question. How do guys pick out a wedding ring? I know my guy is simple and I know he likes gold. He works on a ranch so nothing flashy or showy. I know he's not christian so no crosses.... How would I know what size ring to buy? He's got really long skinny fingers but his hands are twice the size of mine. I've just been looking online but how would I know what to buy him to propose with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• If you want to surprise him, you could take a piece of string while he is sleeping and measure his finger....GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You know, a wedding ring is something you have to wear forever. I think it's really romantic to have the ring ahead, but I was really happy that my husband proposed, and then took me to pick our rings together. We've been married 22 years, and both love our rings. Why not put a "bubble gum machine" ring in a nice box, and then go together later to pick out your real rings.....and I bet he keeps the toy ring as a keepsake!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yeah i agree. pick them out so u know what he really wants. cute idea btw.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 4:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I agree with ohwrite....My husband chose the engagement ring for me on his own after I gave him an idea of what it was I didn't want. Of course, the sales lady knew my taste pretty well because I shopped at the store a lot and bought some things for my mom of Mother's Day or some other special occasions. I love the ring. Then the wedding band that came with it was kind of too thing for my taste, and I wanted a basic gold band for the wedding ring and so did he, so we exchanged my original wedding band for the free engravings on our rings. We chose our wedding bands together, and it was very romantic and within our budgets. We have been happily married for the last three years and have a wonderful almost 7-months-old son.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My take on it...DH and I knew we wanted to be married. We decided to not get engaged, and went and picked out our rings together. Mine ended up being a set and he was so excited he wanted me to wear the engagement part of the ring. We've been married over two and half years and several times recently he has said he should have proposed to me "right" - he wishes he would have done more, something more memorable and special. I personally think the way it all went down was very romantic, but there is no way he can have that moment back. Your BF really wants to marry you and it may be important for him to be able to propose in a romantic way - sounds like it. You might just want to let him have that moment... it will mean so much more than you feeling weird about letting him know you're ready now...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010