What foods or drinks will make me produce more milk?

My daughter is 3 1/2 months, and is more hungry, she wont take a bottle at all. I worry she needs more milk than I've been produceing.

AnnikasMommy1

Asked by AnnikasMommy1 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just wanna say "Annika" is also MY daughter's name, and I just *squeed* seeing your name. :D :D :D

Anyway! Mother's Milk Tea is good for milk production, tastes horribly if you don't completely fill it with honey and sugar. If you can buy some Fenugreek seeds (not the powder, although its good, I don't know any recipes for it), there is a tea you can make. Boiling water for 5 minutes on the seeds, then scoop them out (you can then swallow them for full effect, 2 big tablespoons), add some Cinnamon, a bit of nutmeg, and milk. Pretty much tastes like chai, and it helps with milk! :D :D (and a hell of a lot cheaper than MMT!)
    LizzieyTish

Answer by LizzieyTish at 10:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• anything with maple syrup, granola, fenugreek pills.... um I used to mix granola fromt he whole foods store with yogurt and that worked really well. Eat it for breakfast every day and you will be just fine :)
    Anonymous

• I've heard oatmeal and rootbeer. You can take mothers milk tea, fenugreek. Drink LOTS of water. I would try the fenugreek though you can get it at places like GNC... take 3 caps 3 times/day
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Oatmeal stout ;) Have fun! Bowl of oatmeal, and oatmeal cookies too. Water.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Check this out! http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html#supply
    I bet your baby is going through a growth spurt and if you nurse more you'll make more and be fine. Yes they act hungrier and starving, but as long as she has 6-8 wet or messy diapers a day your supply is fine!
    Heres how to increase supply
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• mother's milk tea! it is nasty but i would squeeze some lemon or put sugar in it! It is usually sold at vitamin stores
    Anonymous

• also avoid sage and parsely =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I left my answer on your messages. It was too long.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Also, check this out. Its a well known recipe among LJ moms, and it WORKS! You can pretty much feel your boobs filling with milk as you eat them. :-p

http://community.livejournal.com/breastfeeding/2288837.html#cutid1
    LizzieyTish

Answer by LizzieyTish at 10:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• a ton of h2o - at least 64oz per day; oatmeal; a pint of beer (preferably an ale, because of the hops) a day doesn't hurt so long as you have it with a good, hearty meal.
    Marenjane

Answer by Marenjane at 12:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2008