Pagans: what are you doing for Samhain this year?

besides trick or treating :-)

MamaJasmine

Asked by MamaJasmine at 4:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've been sick the last two years because Halloween was the holiday that me and my son had in common. It was his favorite holiday aside from Christmas. I am hoping to be able to actually celebrate this year. A friend suggested that I set a plate for Brian (my son) when I fix dinner that night. I will be doing that this year. Beyond that, not really sure.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• As far as I know I am going to make a nice dinner and then a few tarot readings. DH and I might do some other things but he is the one that is making most of the plans.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, just about nothing. I would usually head out after TOT, but I'm very pregnant and simply not at a point where late nights or celebration are enjoyable. SO... I'll just do a small ritual and possibly some scrying alone this year...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Probably nothing big. I'll probably make some pumpkin pie bread, read tarot on and off most of the day, do a small ritual, and read some more tarot. I may also be adding some stuff to my BOS since it needs a serious update.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Making spiced pumpkin seeds with the kids. Some meditation time (feeling a big need for that). Other then that.. haven't figured it out!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Having a mute dinner, aside from that no plans set yet.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• We're having "Dinner with the Dead"... Just honouring some family members that have passed on, and of course leaving some treats for the wandering spirits outside. Most likely some Tarot then meditation and reflection.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Haven't made definite plans yet... I like to do a home blessing for the coming new yr and of course
    a seasonal dinner ....
    We have do plans for a bonfire after TnT and a few Ale beverages on the menu then...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Not much more than handing out candy and a dinner for the dead too.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Ancestor's altar and a ritual of remembrance. I will be printing out photos and other objects of tribute will be on the altar. I want to have a good long talk with all of my loved ones and the honoured dead.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010