Is a kindle really worth having?

Can you use it a lot and can it be used for any type of books like cook book, etc? does it read to you or just stores your books?

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 4:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• I don't read fiction, so I prefer to have a book book that I can highlight and make notes in. But if I was reading fiction or doing a lot of travel I would be all for a Kindal or other reader... Simply because it would make things a bit easier...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I have absolutely no interest in it - I don't like the idea of having what I read controlled by a media conglomerate - i.e. the only offerings are those they believe are most popular.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I really wanted one, and started doing research and it is not nearly as cool as it seems.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:43 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I prefer my ipad. I can do a lot more on it than just read books. Even though I really like reading books on it. My 4 year old uses it to play games while on long trips. :)

Tasches, I can download about any book I want for my ipad. Usually if I can't download it...it i has nothing to do with Apple, kindle,etc. It has to do with the publisher or author.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I'd rather have the real book in my hands. I like to turn the pages.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 5:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2010