Any suggestions on books about puberty for a boy/girl?

I have an 8 yo dd and 10 yo ds. They know they can talk to me about anything and often do but I don't want it to be left up to them to come to me as I know how embarrassing puberty can be when you go into it "blind"!

cheez1e

Asked by cheez1e at 4:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• "Its not the stork" is good.

The care and Keeping of Me- Its from America Girl and it is great too!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• EVERY YOUNG WOMAN'S BATTLE and its counterpart EVERY YOUNG MAN'S BATTLE are excellent choices, but they may be a little too advanced for your children just yet. You could get them and read them and pick out the parts you think they are ready for now and save the rest for later.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The Care and Keeping of Me. it's an American Girl publication. I liked it and my grandaughter liked it a lot. It answers all their questions, and gave us some great conversation starters.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• "Too Young for this Too old for that" my son has really enjoyed it without thinking it's too wierd. He even shared it with a friend who's family also really liked it.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 11:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Chiken soup for a girls soul, I gave my 11 yr old and she is happy with it. & another; The Body Book for girls , it's by American Girl, and she likes that one too, it is informative.'
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 2:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010