does everyone go to your version of the afterlife?

okay lets see if i can word this right!

this question is for those of you who believe in an afterlife, but not one that's inclusive only to your faith (most Christians believe only Christians go to Heaven, so if you do this questions not for you, but feel free to answer). in your view of the afterlife do all ppl follow your afterlife or do they each follow their own view of the afterlife?

example: if you believe in reincarnation...do all ppl get reincarnated or only those who believe they will be reincarnated?

i hope this makes sense!

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 4:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe was all turn into dirt no matter what we believe, and out of that dirt grown trees and plants everything depends on.

Maybe jerks turn into Joshua Trees. They always look tortured to me.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Makes sense... Don't worry...

And yes, everyone (IMO) gets the same afterlife, regardless of beliefs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• As a Christian Universalist I believe that God has already willed all of His children to return to Him after our life here. I believe in what people call the "universal salvation" of mankind, that we will all go to heaven, whatever that may be. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It is MY belief that one of two things will happen when you die: You will go to Heaven, or you will go to Hell. Everyone goes somewhere, but not everyone goes to Heaven. Only those that have Christ in their heart will go to Heaven, IMO.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Me personal view/belief.

Yes everyone experiences the same process and afterlife regardless of the religion (or no religion at all) they prescribe to.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes, we all head to the same place. (IMO)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm not a Christian, I don't believe heaven is exclusive to those of my faith (Judaism) but I do think that there is one truth and regardless whether or not you believe in it, that's the truth. You don't have to believe in fire in order to be burned by it. The one truth is that fire burns. Lack of belief won't protect you from the truth.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would think that wherever we go and whatever happens to us after death would be universal, but to be honest, I just don't know. Afterlife and the universal forces are just beyond comprehension.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sharon, your answer rubs me the wrong way, and I'll tell you why. It isn't because you believe one way while I believe another. It isn't because you believe there is only one truth, because I believe the same. What rubs me wrong is the implication that those who do not believe what you believe to be true are lacking in faith and are just wrong. You don't know that. No one does.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Interesting question.....I'm Christian, but I don't believe only Christians can go to heaven.....to tell you the truth, when it comes down to it, I'll know when I get there...anything else is just speculation.....I did assume we all go to the same place, that the afterlife will be the same....but the idea that it may be different for different people is intriguing....what do YOU think?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010