What is the most dumbest/funniest pregnancy advise you ever heard or was given to you?

My MIL told me when I first got pregnant with my daughter that it's recommended to drink a glass of OJ a day or the baby will come out retarded. I hate hate OJ but she bought like 2 gallons a week for me and brought it over to me and I just brought them over to my mom :)

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't push too hard, your eye ball will pop out. o.O
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If I comb someone else's hair while pregnant, their hair would fall out and it would go to the baby.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Wow! That's by far the craziest thing I've heard... But I was told if I sleep on my back while pregnant the baby will have a higher chance of depression as an adult...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I never really got anything too weird. Just was told that because I never had heartburn that my baby would be born bald. LOL He had enough hair for a 2 year old.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Don't raise your arms above your head or you will strangle the baby. *eye roll*

I had a craving for strawberry milkshakes ... I was told that the kid would come out with a strawberry birthmark. Didn't happen!!

Can't forget ... don't watch scary movies or any bad news or it will "mark" the baby. Never figured that one out.

Oh and everyone had absolute FITS when I would rearrange the furniture! The silly things people say when someone is pregnant.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Oh, I also had someone tell me (via CM) that there is no point in avoiding chemicals or medications because most of the chemicals listed as "dangerous" are natural elements in our world and aren't really harmful - some of the ones she listed were Formaldehyde, Aluminum, Mercury, and Chlorine...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i got the don't reach or you will strangle the baby as well. i also got don't get on the floor and clean, you are carrying a boy since ur all in the front (though I had a girl).
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 4:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• always eat what you are craving or your child will end up with psychological problems...the cashier at price chopper told me that one
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Wow, can't remeber any now but these are all interesting
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i got "when you stretch dont include the belly region cause it will hurt the baby" and "dont look at anyone who is dis-formed or handicapped cause it will make the baby ugly".

seriously...some ppl. i have to say OP that your OJ one is really bad!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010