Step One? U.S. states can proceed with their lawsuit seeking to overturn ObamaCare...

(Reuters) - U.S. states can proceed with their lawsuit seeking to overturn President Barack Obama's landmark healthcare reform law, a Florida judge ruled on Thursday.

U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson had already indicated at a hearing last month that he could not uphold parts of a motion by the Justice Department to dismiss the lawsuit, led by Florida and 19 other states.

"In this order, I have not attempted to determine whether the line between constitutional and extra-constitutional government has been crossed," Vinson, of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, wrote in his ruling.....

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh please no, not you Carpy... overusing that silly abbreviation. I am so disappointed.

No, actually your statement really did make me LAUGH OUT LOUD. Hard to find someone who doesn't trust the gov. My God, what liberal rock do you live under??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• AWESOME, I hope it get's over turned!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• over turn! over turn! over turn!
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 4:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• lol Parrish. Sure you aren't. Why would he need to be paid to see the unconstitutionality of it?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Keeping my fingers crossed ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Finally, something out of FL that doesn't involve a "hanging chad"! I am glad to see the suit get passed this first hearing and moving on up the ladder. I imagine the dems aren't too happy with it coming so close to the mid-term elections.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Whoo Hoo! Now, if Oklahoma will overturn it I'll be a happy camper!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am guessing this is headed to the SCOTUS.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It is about time! He's been shoving that crap down our throats for months,and we finally have the ammo to shove it back at him! Praying it gets overturned!
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 8:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It's rare to find someone that does trust the government

LOL REALLY???

Now that is funny.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2010