It is very frustrating to me that there is very little support and even less donations for prevention of breast cancer.

I just recently saw another mom almost asking the same question, you would think that people especially from your church group and even some relative would want to give more support. I am giving my birthday wish on the 17th of Oct to find a cure for cancer. I only got less than 5 supporters and only 2 donations and one was mine. I know money is tight out there, I ask what ever they can spare still nothing only $45.00 and I started on the 1th of Oct. I send letters, invitations on my facebook, ask some of my email contact still nothing.

OctoberMom482

Asked by OctoberMom482 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Health

• What are you talking about? There is plenty of support. Maybe not in you community but every where you look people are donating. We just had a walk here lat Saturday that was just for our state and they raised 400,000.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• r u kidding me? breast cancer support is everywhere....on everything we buy and everywhere we go. People probably get sick of being asked about donating money constantly.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 4:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sorry, but after I learned what the CEO of the Susan Komen foundation is making over 1/2 a million each year, I don't feel so charitable with the foundation.  I want my donations being used for the fight, not to pad someone's pockets.  Here's a link with more info...

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.comments&orgid=4509

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• if you look at the top of the page you can see that nearly two thousand dollars has been raised by CM members collecting yoplait lids. This month people are bombarded with requests for money for breast cancer research. Just because they aren't giving to you doesn't mean they aren't giving. Most people will also only donate to established organizations. So grocery stores with their fundraisers will get that $1 or Komen will. Instead of asking for money you should be spreading awareness. Focus on BC prevention and on early detection. Let the professional collect the money.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I wasn't talking about fundings for myself it's for a Cause you donate your birthday wish to spread the word, turn your facebook pink, I would never try to get money like that, to encourage people to be more aware of cancer and how it destroys lives anywhere, and anyone.For Cancer Awareness month. Its a very good cause okay.This is my very first time trying to help a fundraising cause. I was only asking for some opinion on what to do to make it work.
    OctoberMom482

Comment by OctoberMom482 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• OK
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Um, there is a lot of support for cancer research. Relay for Life is a HUGE fundraiser that is done yearly all over the country and raises millions of dollars for reserach. St Judes Hospital has fundraisers and offers FREE treatment for families of kids with cancer that can't afford it or that don't have insurance. The American Cancer Society has all kinds of fundraisers. Also, there is the save the tatas campaign and website. People can but clothes that have "save the tatas" on them and part of the proceeds go to breast cancer research. St. Baldricks does fundraisers for kids with cancers too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2010