Do YouRemember Your First Meal as a Newleywed , & How Did it Turn Out ?

I was all of 18 and we went to Tenn. w/S/O in the Marines. I made a nice big meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and not sure what else. When I put the meat on the table it was about 1/4 the size, I guess I had bought meat w/a lot of fat and it shrunk up to almost nothing. I cried thru the whole meal. My S/O kept telling me how good it was, but I kept crying and saying he was just saying that so I wouldn't cry, I never bought fatty meat again. I had cooked at home while he was on Cruises so I did know how to cook, that made me even madder at myself.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We had planned on going out to eat, but we were snowed in. I pulled a blob of frozen hamburger meat out of the clunky old refrigerator and put it in a skillet with a lid, over low heat, to thaw it out. We didn't have a microwave. My new husband came in the kitchen and lifted the lid. The most horrible smell of old freezer-burned meat came wafting out. He said, "Are you trying to poison me on the first night"? I started crying, and he started laughing, which made me cry more. When things calmed down, he made us peanut butter sandwiches.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• That's adorable!
    I really don't remember the first meal I made my husband. I do know that he has told me my cooking has become phenomenally better over the years.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• We had been living together for years by the time we got married, so it was far from a big deal at that point... I think I ordered Pizza and he slept off the hangover...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes my MIL guilted my husband in her attending and she ruined it all. I had a strawberry smoothy before we ordered and she though it was alcoholic and I was 7 months pregnant at the time so she took it and had the waiter take it away and she took away my husbands drink (he was 21) because she said it was wrong to drink in front of me and I didnt care, She didnt even say sorry for taking my drink even after she was told it was just a smoothy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• aww, honestly i dont remember because we were living together for a liitle over a year before we got married..so any meals i cooked after we got married really didnt make a difference..they were all the same
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• we were living together a few short months before we got married (already had a baby) and the first meal i probably made in our shared home was spaghetti. he said its "almost as good as his grandma's" which is a really big compliment! :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Our first meal was me and turned out we had a baby 9 months later...lol
    Really, the first meal we made together was fried chicken. If I remember correctly, it was slightly burned.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 5:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• No afraid not. We'd already been living together for a few years by that point, and I can't even remember the first meal I cooked for him when we started living together.

mommyoftwo388: I hope your MIL isn't still like that. What a B thing to do!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I can't remember what it was I cooked but I know it got burned. I had it in the oven when he got home and... our attention turned to other matters. I think we went to Sonic afterwards because dinner was burned to a crisp.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yep it was all the leftover wedding food. We had lived together for 5 years before getting married and both of us love to cook so not too many disasters although it was a lot of nights of top ramen.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010