COMEON (venting)

Ok im 17 and i take care of my cousins 2 kids because she is not a good mom at all she just wants to have fun go out drinking and bs! she is 23 btw! I cant not keep them because if i dont she will leave them with ANYBODY or if she cant find anyone to watch them shell get mad and take it out on the babies and i love them i dont want them to get hurt or anything! Well i have a baby on the way, and i always got to keep them too! And she just fucking told me she is preg again! Im totally against abortion, but i will probably wind up taking care of all 3 of her kids and mine too! she wont give the baby for adoption cuz she thinks its cute when its little and when it gets bigger its nothing... kinda what a child would do with a pet! Im really stressed and i dont kno what im going to do! Anyone else taking care of other peoples kids?

brittany320

Asked by brittany320 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• OMG....I am way older than you and my youngest child is 13, all the other children are out of the house. But....my nephew has 2 children ages 4 and 22months, his mom, my SIL has the 4 year old. And I have the baby, we keep them 24/7, 5-6 days a week. He gets them on weekends, some times. I love this baby, and I feel so bad for her. But it bothers me when my own children need something and I can't do for them because I'm stuck taking care of someone else's child. I keep saying I'm going to send her to her father, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I know her father won't take very good care of her. And she doesn't want to go there. I'm really torn on what to do. Sorry I don't have any good advice for you...just to let ya know your not alone! LOL :)
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i wish i lived near you so i could help you watch them and i could give you a break because i know how you feel about needing a break and btw omg has she never heard of birth control...maybe you should go to cps or something...i dont know if maybe you want them or whatever..but good luck...if you need someone to talk to or whatever dont hesiate to message me...
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• She needs a dose of reality, is what she needs. If she just gives them to someone else and does't care about them, turn her in anonymoously. It is not up to you to take care of them. You have enough to do as is.If you don't ,something really bad could happen, and I am sure you don't want that,
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Doesn't this cousin of yours worry about catching an STD or getting AIDS? It amazes me how people can go around having sex without this being a big concern. You should have a serious talk with her. It's not fair to the kids that they have to live like this.
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I so know what you are going through though it is not me taking care of the kids it is my mother I have had the same problem with my sis. She has had three kids and every one of them has been taken away from her.Now she wants more! She likes the attention she gets when she is pregnant and when the baby is small but as soon as the child starts to get mobile she stops paying attention to him/her. I couldn't imagine life without my children!!! She also used to use them as bargaining tools to use my mom. How awful!!!!!
    Kayla23boys

Answer by Kayla23boys at 7:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Wow this girl needs somehelp.depending on youaintright,I admire howyou care about the kids at least someone loves them,you need to talk to her about this,she needs to think about what she is doing tonot only herselfbut her kids and for petes sake get on somekind of birth control.goodluck you are a good person for what you do.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 8:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2008