Bill Gates and vaccines?

I know vaccines are a very touchy subject on CM anyway, but has anyone heard Bill Gates speech on how vaccines should be used to eliminate part of our population? I've only been able to find bits and pieces of it on YouTube, but it still scares me as we have kept our kids up to date on vaccines.

mommareynolds09

Asked by mommareynolds09 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmmm... I'll look for it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Huh, that's really strange since he donates heavily to help vaccinate internationally.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Found something here.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Okay, well, I'm still looking for the full video... But from what I have found he's not saying vaccines SHOULD be used as a way but that it's a natural side effect of vaccinating. We all know vaccines are full of chemicals and other ingredients, many of which are very dangerous both short and long term, and reproductive damage is not completely uncommon. My Aunt's Thyroid (which controls hormones) was severely damaged because of childhood vaccines, and she may never be able to have children because of it... That's the kind of thing I think he is talking about... Not that we should create a vaccine to stop reproduction, just that it happens, so we should use it to the best we can to help reduce CO2 emissions...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Okay, I found it... Here's the full half hour presentation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaF-fq2Zn7I

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Ummm no, I hadn't heard that
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• This is the explanation that makes the most sense out of what he said:

This is like the idea that hunger causes overpopulation. Families want to have more bread-winners, thus they have more kids.
    In a developing country with a high child mortality rate, people will have more children. Improve the health of children and that's one factor that would theoretically limit birth rates.
    To suggest that Gates is saying that vaccines limit population growth by killing people is absurd. He may or may not be misguided in his attempt to solve the world's problems but he is not some sinister evil person.

I think what he meant that we will have a smaller, healthier population....think about how the decrease in infant mortality decreased family size or how the move from agriculture decreased family size-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Thanks for your explanation Soyouysay.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• um, yeah, no.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 7:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• LMAO. The Gates' have spent millions to improve survival rates of women and children during childbirth. They are making big differences in some poverty stricken areas. Why in the world are people spreading misinformation about this charity that is doing so much good?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2010