gripe water vs gas drops?

my DD is three weeks old and has horrible gas about an hour after she eats she will scream and cry. So I am just wondering weather gas drops or gripe water works better

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use the gas drops, they work perfectly with both of my babies.
    tara2wvu

Answer by tara2wvu at 6:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• We used gas drops for the longest time when my little one was born but they never did work for my baby so when i heard about gripe water thats what i gave him and it worked so well for his gas.
    mommy2noah624

Answer by mommy2noah624 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I used gripewater at first. It is more natural. But now I make a tea mix of 3 parts chamomile to 1 part fennel, anise, and dill and that works even better. You can get all of it at your local supermarket. I use the chamomile tea bags and just eyeball the rest. Boil it in about 2 cups of water and when its done sift out the seeds and you have a tea. I give my 11 week old 3ml most of the time and sometimes I will double it. But for a baby that young just 3 is fine. It also helps when he has a hard time falling asleep as the chamomile is soothing and relaxing. If you use the gripewater make sure it is in a dark bottle as fennel is light sensitive. And don't use the kind with lots of sugars and glycerin. That doesn't help baby's tummy. Good luck.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Gripe water worked much better for me than gas drops. Also, are you breastfeeding? If so, make sure that you aren't eating something that upsets her tummy. Chocolate, cabbage, broccoli and things that tend to give you gas can also give her gas.
    Sarabear35

Answer by Sarabear35 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2008