He has a mistress and a wife....

Miner #21 was greeted by his mistress instead of his wife of 28 yrs when he was pulled from the mine. The wife graciously said she will not be there because she found out he asked his mistress to be there also. The wife said it is now his choice: his mistress or his wife.
If your DH/SO was trapped like that and you found out he had a mistress what would you do? How would you feel? What are your thoughts?

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 5:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I would wait until I found out how much he was going to get for the book and movie deals, then my lawyer and I would work out a very lucrative divorce settlement. Then I would meet up with Elin and we would go shopping.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 10:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would have divorce papers WAITING for him when he came out of that hole...especially since SHE was there to greet him!!!!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would push him back into the mine.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• All his crap would be there waiting for him with divorce papers on top of them. There is no point in marrying someone or even living with them if you're going to sleep around.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I have to agree with Sabrina on this one. If it was something he felt he needed to hide, he clearly felt he was in the wrong. Which means he would have betrayed me. My husband and I have a very similar situation as what Sabrina explained with hers. But the fact that he hid it, would have killed me.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'd kick both of their asses. Then file for divorce.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I read he asked for both to be there though when the asked the miners who they wanted there for them when rescued. How strange. The poor wife is humiliated in front of not only the whole country, but the whole world.

If it were me, I'd wait for him, say I'm glad you are safe and tell him his belongings will be out on the street in the morning.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• That would be tough, its a slap in the face, especially since he asked her to be there with his wife, sounds like he isnt even ashamed of it. I think I would have to do the same thing as her, I dont think I could go and hug and kiss him, then watch him hug and kiss another woman.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 5:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'd have felt betrayed and I would also be waiting with divorce papers
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Since he asked for the mistress, she could hold the divorce papers for him to sign - the papers in which I keep everything. He's lucky she didn't push him back into that mine!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010