Is there anything wrong with doing housekeeping in the evening and having your free time in the morning for a stay at home mom?

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I dont think it matters.. I know alot of people that clean after the kids are in bed..
    crazym0m0f5

Answer by crazym0m0f5 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I do most of my cleaning in the evening. Before the kids go to bed we all clean up the toys and put them away. After they're in bed I do the dishes, clean the counters and stove, sweep and mop, and clean the table. If it needs it I'll clean the bathroom too (though I usually save that for a morning job). I take out the trash as needed and vacuum in the mornings though.

Most of my day is free to spend with the kids and relax (if they're busy). I like it this way though it drives my mother and sister crazy. lol
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• If it works for you there is nothing wrong with it.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• In my opinion: NO if that's what works for your family. You have to do what works for your family...everyone is different :)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i prefer to clean at night it's cooler and i can take my time and focus

jojomommy

Answer by jojomommy at 1:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Nope. It sounds like a good plan to me :)
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 1:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Certainly not, whatever works for you! Consider yourself a creative scheduler!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 2:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• That's what I do. The only thing I worry about is if CPS were to come in but I've been told multiple times by the county nurse who visits with my kids that I'm doing just fine. The main thing is that during the day diapers, plastic bags and any safety hazard need to be cleaned up but I'm sure that's what you are doing. Keep it up!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I doesnt' matter. I do that all the time. I don't pick up the house until 4 pm, then make dinner, eat, and do the dishes for the day. I am not a neat freak but my house is clean. I also have chores list for the kids so I don't do it all alone. :)
    Tricia68

Answer by Tricia68 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I have no choice but to clean the house in the evenings, I'm a single mom and do it after work. It's always worked for me
    ph0xdlady

Answer by ph0xdlady at 3:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2008