Is there any special way to get pregnant that I'm missing?

Hubby and I are trying to conceive numbers 3-5. I want atleast 1 more. I love my daughter but I think she needs a playmate. She's almost 5 months old. Her brother would have been 2 but he passed at birth. Hubby and I both agreed before her birth that we wanted 4 together. She was our first. Son was from first marriage. I want a few more. I have to get pregnant though by January 7th before he loeaves for basic. Yes...we are a military family. I know most people say you shouldn't bring children into the military...that it's cruel to the child. But atleast my children are loved, have great insurance, know they'll always have food on the table, clothes to wear, and a roof over their head. Ladies please help me out...What's the secret to conceiving? And don't tell me SEX...I already know that part...OVIOUSLY!

kirstee_roozen

Asked by kirstee_roozen at 6:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• WHO says it's cruel to bring a child into a military family?? I have never heard that before, and I'm a Marine wife. Either way, that's ridiculous. I love what the military has done for our family, and the oppurtunities my family will have because of it. Yes, it's a struggle because the pay isn't all that great...but it's a *guaranteed* paycheck, health insurance (we've received excelllent care in the past 2 years BTW), and housing. I don't believe you can get that anywhere else.
    ANYway, try buying some ovulation prediction strips from wal mart. The Answer brand is great. That will let you know if you are ovulating, and when. Just start having sex a few days before, until a few days after you ovulate. Some people say every other day is best because it gives time for his sperm count to go up. Others say it doesn't matter and to have sex as mch as possible during your fertile period.
    ilovemyjoes

Answer by ilovemyjoes at 10:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• The only thing I can think of is to stop wanting it so bad, and then bam it'll happen :) Good luck!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• track your cycles and make the most of your fertile periods. have sex every other day to make his sperm more potent. take good care of your body, and his, and keep your stress to a minimum. avoid smoking, drinking, drugs, and caffeine. all these things can have adverse effects on fertility to some degree.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Don't let the military give you a false sense of security. I was a military wife and it is not a bed of roses. We struggled every month to pay the bills. As for medical insurance, yes it is paid for but in my experience it was substandard care.

Trying to conceive...relax. Your body knows when you are feeling stressed. Figure out when you are ovulating and have sex as much as possible 2 days before and 2 days after. Pray!
    tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Im with tinkerbell76 dont let the millitary give you false sense of securtity, i to was a millitary wife and even they struggle, the pay isnt what everyone thinks it is and since hes just leaving for basic hes only going to be a E1 maybe a E2 if lucky so pay sucks, even with housing and food allowance its not enough.

As for concieving track your periods and buy a ovulation kit it will tell you when ur ovulating, stop stressing and stop trying so hard it will happen when its suppose to. ur daughter is only 5months ur body may not be ready again.
    good luck
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Stop having sex. Seriously sometimes all it takes is no sex for a few weeks or so and then BOOM you are prego.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008