how many times should a 5 1/2 month old poop a day?

naomnicole

Asked by naomnicole at 6:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well every person is different and there is no set number for this question it can be one to 3 or 4 it really just depends on the child
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 6:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• depends on what you feed them
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Anywhere from a 4 or 5 times a day to once every 4 or 5 days is normal. While some people do poop once a day, this is not required for health.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• as often as needed LOL. my daughter was a poop machine for the first year. some babies only go every few days. the important thing is to check for a hardened stomach as that might indicate constipation. if your baby seems gassy a lot, there may be something going on, too.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Oh my - really just about anything is normal. My firstborn did it every time he ate - 8 times a day at least! My second only did maybe twice a week! And that was completely normal for him. My 3rd I haven't figured out yet - no pattern, but about 5 times a day. Also, all my kids were breastfed so my second was a strange one for breastmilk!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• my daughter is 5 months old and she poops about twice a day.
    laramac

Answer by laramac at 12:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2008