do you ever get sad when your babies reach milestones?

I am pretty sure this is my last baby, and I was happy and proud when she rolled over the first time, but since then she has sat up and rolled from back to front...and it is all too fast for me and I just want to cry! Ever feel that way?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't experience much of that with my oldest, but I was younger and everything felt more like a "beginning" than an "end". With my twins it has been completely different. Barring a miracle they are my last children. I usually feel a little sad when the first one meets a milestone, and then when the other meets the same milestone I feel very sad. It was the worst during the first year, possibly due to hormones and sleep-deprivation. Each time they outgrew a size of clothing and I had to pack it up and move to a bigger size I'd find myself crying in the laundry room. I kept thinking, "I'll never experience this phase or this first again until I have grandchildren, and that will be different (wonderful, but different). I cried a lot when my last one started crawling and then walking, and I cried for days when they moved out of the infant room at daycare.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• actually I had a very hard infant / toddler so i didn't get that until recently.. my baby will be 3 in 3 weeks and now I am getting sad about things,...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I just had what I'm 99% sure was my last too and I definitely feel that gnawing feeling. So sad!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 6:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• No, I was always so excited I called everyone... I have never wanted them to stay little... I can't wait til they are older... The older the get the more I enjoy them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i definitely had my third and last in january, hubby got a vasectomy after that. she is 9 months and today she pulled herself up on the coffee table, and ate a few noodles of spaghetti. i am feeling sad at the moment.. lol.. but happy too that she's growing up. i did experience a slight burst of baby fever though thinking back on when i brought her home from the hospital. i know i will never experience that again :(
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• no im happy when my baby learns new things i love seeing him progress and do more and more
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 6:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yep. I get mostly excited, but it is a little sad because it seems like he's growing so quickly.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• No, I am happy when they reach milestones, it means that they are learning and growing like they should.
    Taviesmommy

Answer by Taviesmommy at 6:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes and no. I know I am done cause I got my tubes tied. I do feel sad cause my twins are getting so big. But at the same time they were born very premature and I was very sick when they were born, so it's really a blessing that we're even all alive. :) It's a bittersweet thing!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 6:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• This is my first little one... he is 2 months old and yes... i do feel that way sometimes. I am happy but then i feel like it is all happening so fast!
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 8:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010