Do you need time to unwind after work, before jumping straight into mom work?

if so how do you do it and how much time does it take? I find that if I don't have at least a half hour to just relax from my day I am just irritable and running fast for awhile.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do need time to sit down and relax & most of the time I get that between being off work and waiting for my daughter to get out of school about an hour I get that's when I get to read, do bills, write cards & letters so I guess it migt not be much down time.I am sure that if some people would follow me around 1day they wouldn't complain as bad as being a SAHM I work my tail off and it's a never ending job and it doesn't end when we get home. So yeah I feel for you!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Nope, there's no down time available. I have a full time job, volunteer full time and home school my kids.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yep, it's called the drive home.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My son is usually asleep when I get home because I work nights. I am grateful for that! My drive home is nice but generally I have some quiet time when I get home too, unless DH decides to be super chatty.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• as a SAHM I never get down time, so sorry, i kinda have no sympathy for you! Not trying to be rude!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010