Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Wanting to do In-Home Child Care/babysitting???

I've been interested in doing in-home childcare/babysitting but I don't really know where to start. Most importantly I want to make sure everyone is protected and safe. So I have to have certification if I just have 1-2 children? Whats the best insurance? What are some experiences you have had or others you know have had? I just think this would be a great way to make money and be able to stay home with my little girl. Thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by ZammiesMommy at 6:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 6 (131 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You should call your homeowners insurance company and they can answer questions about insurance. You might want to check out and Use the pulldowns to see people looking for childcare. Some are willing to take their child to the provider's home. I found my two part time jobs on these sites. GL!

    Answer by elizabr at 6:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

  • you should get a hidden camera in your house i would not trust anyone! ive seen horrible things on the new like a lady babysitter was throwing a 9 or 10month around and hitting him ans throwing stuff at him i dont care who says the persons safe!

    Answer by skin172 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

  • I would think you would able to talk to someone in your state government that should point you in the right direction. Things like that are mostly regulated by the state.

    Answer by donnareedonLSD at 3:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.