My stepson is just over 2 yrs old and not having formed stools at all?

He is potty training now but he doesnt seem to have a Bowel movement often and they are not formed. We have had issues with the mothers lack of nutrition choice before. am i right to be concerned?

jlvernwald

Asked by jlvernwald at 6:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't worry about it unless he is loosing weight or isn't having at least one BM at least every day to day and a half... Softer poops tend to be from high fluids and high fiber... Neither of which are really bad things.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My youngest didn't really have formed stools until he was about 2.5. I would not worry yet. I know that our kids have a pretty good diet and he just had soft poops forever.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It took a long time for my little one to form stools and I was getting pretty worried too. Even at 3 sometimes it doesn't look to formed. Although, today a bit to formed...
    Flower_Mom

Answer by Flower_Mom at 1:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2010