Anyone else LOVE sister wives?

I never knew I had an opinion on Polygamy. I thought I would think it gross, but I caught up on it last night on demand and it is a good show. They all love each other. Its not like I thought it would be. Some greedy sex hungry man with miserable wives. They all love it. I have a totally different view now. It actually makes a LOT of sense. You know the saying "it takes a village to raise a child" Thats kind of what it reminded me of. How awesome!

Amelia512

Asked by Amelia512 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Entertainment

• Me! I've been so excited to see this show and can't miss it now that it's on! But, I've always been a supporter of Plural families of all kinds...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I like the show too. I was FLABBERGASTED at that last episode, though, when Meri asked how Kody would feel if she were with another man and he said it was "contrary to god an nature" and "unhealthy to explore those feelings" all because it made him jealous to think of it! I couldn't believe that he could ADMIT that it's unfair to ask the wives to share him without them also being able to share men (or each other) and shy away from it because it made him uncomfortable. Dude, it is NOT unhealthy to put yourself in your wife's shoes, jackass!

I also think that plural relationships can and do work very well. I just think there needs to be more sharing going on.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sabrina, my point is that religion is screwing it up lol. Well, THIS religion is. It can and SHOULD be a happy, super awesome thing, but it's not in this case... I see the wives expressing more unhappiness with the situation than happiness. The happy discussions are about their kids, about their lives, but they seem to express a lot of frustration and discontent when talking about their marriage. And I thought it was out of line to ask the doctor about a fertility specialist for Meri while Christine was in labor, and I cheered her on when she said so lol. It was just an example of it coming out. " HEY! I'm here right now in labor, stop thinking about knocking someone else up!" But she wouldn't have to feel that way if she were in love with her sister wives (making them her wives instead of sister wives) or other men.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I have always been fascinated with poligamy....I think it has its merits. you know the thought of having live in babysitters that love your children as much as you do sounds awesome....the thought of my husband sleeping with another women not so much. I told my DH that it sounded like a good idea and joked about it with him.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Ati - I agree! Plural Families come in ALL shapes and sizes... Many have more than one wife, others have more than one husband, and even more have multiples of both... I think it upset me to hear him say that, BUT, because his views of Plurality come from his religious views, it's understandable. For those who believe in Plural Families because of social or lifestyle beliefs don't necessarily believe that way, and I think that should have been pointed out... People like myself, FIRMLY support Plural Families, and believe that each should form around what their personal beliefs are and what works for them - be it more men that women or women than men or even equal amounts of both...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Thats awesome! I was totally in the dark I never really knew about it, but it seems so.. amazing. Given you all get a long like on the show. lol
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I love the show. I have the series recording on my DVR. I could never live the lifestyle though. I would not want to share my husband lol
    JayBearsMom

Answer by JayBearsMom at 7:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010