Since starting solid foods, my son refuses his bottle, drinking 3-4oz at every feeding MAX! What gives?

Can someone please teach me how to work solids into my sons daily bottle routine?

caleee143

Asked by caleee143 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is your son ? maybe try a sippie cup it's great he wants solids not to many babies take to soilds i say give it time
    jojomommy

Answer by jojomommy at 1:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Babies normally start to drink less when they are eating solids. The solids fill them up more and they don't need as much to drink. I wouldn't worry about it. So long as your son is still giving you plenty of wet diapers and isn't getting dehydrated (and from the sounds of it he's not going to) and is gaining weight then there's no problem.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• How old is your son? Up until they are 12 months old they need the milk as the main source in their diet. You shoud give him his bottle/milk (however you feed) and then if he's still hungry after his drink then offer him some solids. This is what I was instructed to do by my Ped......and my daughter is 2 now with fabulous eating habits. Hope this helps....Good Luck!
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 5:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• try a sippee. maybe he's just ready to get rid of the bottle. consider yourself blessed. it was a battle at my house.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2008