Has anyone else noticed this...

When you tell people you are pregnant with your first they say "Oh, Congrats" like they are happy for you... When you tell they you are pregnant with number 2 they say "Oh, good for you" not quite as excited... Then when you say you're pregnant with number 3 they just say "Oh" as if they want to say "I'm so sorry"...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Lol I never noticed it but next time I'm pregnant I'm going to be looking for it now. :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I love it when people assume that the pregnancy wasn't planned and ask if you're going to be able to handle it all, with all of the kids. Like it's some sort of bad thing and not a welcomed blessing.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 6:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I never got that reaction with my second. People would be excited and want to know if it was a boy or girl, like it mattered lol. "You have a girl, don't you want a boy?"
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am pregnant with my 5th and because we had 3 consecutive losses before this one, we have had some pretty negative and rude feedback...as if we're asking for complications. She's due on Halloween though and perfectly healthy.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes! I also have three boys so I keep getting the OLD..."Are you going to try again to get that girl?". As if my boys are not all I had ever wanted.

People should mind their own reproductive lives!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• When I told my boss I was pregnant with #3 she said "You're not going to keep it are you?" I couldn't believe it. I told her it was unplanned, but come on!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i love the, "ur pregnant again!!!" like seriously its my #2 ,im married ,an adult, and doing pretty well, and they were both planned! but then those same people stare in horror when i say im getting tubes tied, like ur only 22 what if u regret it?? omg mind ur own business:)
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 7:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My 2nd, they were really happy. It was like, I was avoiding the dreaded "only child" tihng. Soon as I found out she was a girl, everybody said "oh, the perfect family!" and was even happier.

When I had my 3rd (& last) they were all "oh". Because I already had a boy and a girl, and not an only child, so why did I need another one?

But that wasn't the end of the world. People don't really bug me. I find them amusing. My 3rd child is a blessing.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• LOL I never noticed it because I only have 1 child , but I always wondered why everyone asked me "is this your first"......... now I find myself doing it to other people and I don't know why!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• lol, thats when you say "Dang it, congrats me or i'll make you a tape of the delivery and force ya to watch it!"
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010