has a 2 year old... what should i expect when coming home with a newborn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my lil girl was 15months old when we brought home the new baby and to my surprise she is a great big sister even though she gets jelous every ounce in a while she always wants to help out and give her sissy hugs and kisses its so cute
    luckygurl17

Answer by luckygurl17 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It will depend in part on how you have prepared the 2-year old for the new arrival. If you've presented it as being something that is exciting, he will likely find it exciting. If you have been overly concerned about his reaction and he has picked up on that, you could be in for some trouble. My daughter just had a new baby and she also has a 2-year old. There have been no problems and he has adjusted very well to having a brother.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My son was 20 months when we brought home the new baby. He was very good with him. He even wanted to hold him at the hospital. He'd check on him when he was crying, or come tell me he was. We talked about the baby at home all the time before he came, and let my oldest be involved with him as much as possible.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• my dd 2 is the sweetest to ds 5 weeks old friday she gets a little jealous sometimes but not badshe just wans me to hold her and "put the baby in his pen " lol but she loves to hold hug andkiss him and doesn' like for any one who comes over to mess with him she wants him and her ad me to go in anoher room till they leave lol whe I first got homeI got so much love and attention from her ! it was the sweetest thing ever lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• :) It just varies from child to child....most love the new baby but do get a bit jealous...then adjust...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010