Sick Men!!! ughhh

Does anyone like being sick?? No, but you still have to take care of your kids and get sh** done! Correct? Why do men feel that an itty bitty cold is a reason to be lazy and do nothing?? I was gone all day for a funeral and asked my bf to give our daughter a bath and clean up the kitty litter that the cat kicked all over the bathroom floor. Of course when I came home he didnt do either and when I asked him why he started YELLING and said that he didnt feel like it! Boo F-ing Hoo! I have the same cold and do everything I have to!!! Its not fun but needs to be done! Anyone else have a husband/so/bf that feels that a little cold is an excuse to do nothing???

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• Ugh men are such fucking sissies!! I love my husband but when I was barely coherant with a head cold AND 7 months pregnant I still cooked, cleaned and did all kinds of stuff for him. When HE'S sick it's "camp out on the computer all day and order Marlye around". I told him to grow some balls and quit being a pussy. Lol now I'm friggin sick again and HE'S taking care of me.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• lmao not that your situation is funny but because men do act like babies, i can have my head hanging in a toilet all night long and I would still have to get my things done, but if my husband gets a cold he automatically see's the white light and is on his deathbed. I think it's because they are used to mommy's taking care of them
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• lol,lol,lol,lol,lol yeah my husband I love him so but when he is sick WHAT A BIG BABY all he can do is lay on the couch and complain and have me or my girls wait on him. But he has been like that for the last 11 years and doubt he is goin to change so I try to make a point to have something to do when he is sick unless he is seriously sick. MEN ARE SUCH BABIES
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 7:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My husband don't to squat anyway, sick or not. Of course, if he gets a hang nail...it's all over. I try to look at it like this,as sh-tty as, it may sound. When I ask him to do ANYTHING, I expect him to blow me off, and not do it. So if he does get it done...hooray. Can't get pissed over the expected. SAD, SAd, way of thinking, but.... I soooo feel your pain. I very rarely ask anymore, it's just easier to do it myself, or let it go till later, cause there's only one of me for everything.
    doublefistin

Answer by doublefistin at 7:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You are so right doublefistin! Sadly enough we've had this convo b4!! lol My bf doesnt do shit whether he is sick or not but its verrrry RARE if I ask him to do anything! When I seldomly do he usually will bitch but get it done.ITs much worse though when hes sick!!!!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• And instead of the hangnail my bf gets ingrown toenails!! EWWWW lol And that really turns him into a baby
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• LMAO!! So true!! My hubby is always like this!! Two months after I had my second son, I got really sick. I was up puking every 5 minutes and running a fever for days. Guess who still had to get up with the infant and breastfeed several times a night? And who got up with big brother in the morning? ME. I passed this stomach virus on to my husband and he stayed in bed for 3 days, he didn't lift a finger!! All the while I was still sick, taking care of a toddler and an infant and trying to disinfect the house. I could have killed him!
    Anonymous