• In the Spotlight:

Some say too soon.....??

Has anyone ever married and/or gotten pregnant after knowing your SO for less than a year?!?If so how did things work out and are do you regret your decision?

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• And do you regret your decision?*(sorry about the typo)*
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I had only been dating my bf for 3 months! I think it really hurt us b/c we didnt get to enjoy getting to know each other. Its diff for everyone but I think things would have been diff b/n us if we got to knw each other better before having the baby. Knowing what I know about him now would have def not have caused me to plan it. I love my dd more than anything and wouldnt have it any other way.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• as for him... now thats a diff story! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Depends on how long you have known him before you got married. We got pregnant 2 years after we got married but we knew each other 3 years b4 that
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• dh and I were together 2 years before we got married after 2 years of marriage we decided to start our family, we had gotten a surprise gift but about a month before our wedding I miscarried!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I knew mine for 7 yrs prior and didnt help! I wiiissshhh it would have been a nice warning! lol I have the best baby in the entire world but sometimes wish that my life was a Maury episode and she wasnt his lol I know that sounds mean but its true. But its impossible because she looks too much like him lmao. The only pos if is that she wouldnt be the love that I know if she wasnt half of him.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I was asking if you've gotten married or had a child after KNOWING your SO for less than a year.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Technically I worked at his restaurant but NEVER talked to him or hung out with him. So I can say that I didnt know him as more than an aquaintance. My good friend got pregnant with a one night stand and is now married to him with 2 kids! They are sooo happy and he is one of the nicest guys Ive ever met! So I hope that helps. To answer the qustion of regret, you will never regret your baby. You may not like his/her father but you will love it more that life itself. Even though I dont like my daughters father, I am glad we had her because I cant pic my life without her :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My sons father and I were together for 3 months when I got pregnant. and split about a month after I found out I was pregnant. I didnt really see him threw the pregnancy. He came to the hospital the first 2 days Didnt see him again for a month. Then gone again for 3 years. Come around for a year. Now hes gone again cause his stupid ass went and got deported. I do not regret the decision I made having my son. Just wish his father wasnt so damn stupid.
    Harley84

Answer by Harley84 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I got pregnant two months after I met him, married him two months after that, and divorced him 3 yrs later, almost to the day. I can't say I regret it, b/c I got my kids out of it, but it's not a mistake I will make again. However, I know a couple of different people who got together and had similar circumstances, and they've been together yrs and yrs. I think it depends on whether or not the feelings are real and whether both parties are willing to work to keep the relationship going. My ex wasn't willing, so we were doomed from the start.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2008