Which foods can or should i give my 1 year old that is easy to make?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At a year you can start giving your child a whole egg instead of just the yolk. Remember to introoduce one new thing at a time so if there is a reaction you know exactly what caused it. At a year my sons loved toast with apple butter. When my own were liuttle we didn't know about all the allergy stuff. With my grandkids I did wait until they were 3 to introduce peanut products but..at a yr I gave them sunbutter and they loved it. Even at 3 we still had big issues with tomatoes. Oatmeal is great, yogurt, fruits and veggies of all kinds just be sure they are cut down to prevent choking. Be careful of sweets, junk and heavily processed stuff..it just leads to really bad eating habits and picky eaters.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would feed him the same things that you are eating.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• We fed my son pretty much whatever we were eating when he was that age, with the exception of tough to chew meat.
    Cottage cheese, yogurt, banana, noodles or ravioli with spaghetti sauce, beans, cheerios, peaches, blueberries, watermelon, squash, zuchinni, drain the broth from soup and give the meat and veggies, applesauce.....just make sure it's small and soft enough for them and you're good to go. My son will eat anything now. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• mashed potatoes...
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i need to know what kind of stuff because im about to go grocery shopping
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• get the instant macaroni in the little cups, that way when he/she is hungry they are easy to make
    also the noodles in the cup too
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010