I feel like a single mother!!!

My DH and I have two kids. The 11 year old has autism and we have a 16 month old. I work full time as does he.
We are struggling to pay our bills. He is salaried, but works 12 hour days even though it's supposed to be a 9 to 5 job He leaves the house at 6:30 am and does not return until 8pm. His job is located over an hour from out home. So, I am the one who gets the kids up, ready for school, out the door. I am the one who picks them up, does homework, makes dinner, feeds them dinner, cleans up dinner gives them baths, gets them ready for bed and take care of the dog.
On weekends, he is exhausted from working and does NOTHING around the house. I still do it all, even though I am exhausted as well.
I know the economy is bad, but I don't know how much longer I can put up with this. It's being going on for 5 months now and it's been getting later and later every week. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• sorry momma wish i could help but here a bump
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It's just your motherly instincts to do whatever it takes to support your family. From what I've seen alot of men just don't get it- hope it gets better soon!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I too feel like that sometimes, because hubby works 80 hours a week. It sucks to have to do everything by your self. Sometimes he is just a paycheck to us.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i know how you feel ever scine the birth of my oldest child i've been the one to get up at night give them baths feed them change them dress them and anything ealse the need all he ever wants to do is play with them when hes home but i hope it gets better soon
    luckygurl17

Answer by luckygurl17 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• LOL! It's like that for a lot of moms! When my kids were little, my ex worked full time plus worked in the evenings. He also worked Saturday. The only day he took off was Sunday, and yes, because he worked construction, he NEVER did anything around the house. But, it's life here in the good ole USA.

I do applaud you for being an honest person and working to earn money for your family, as does your husband! Way to go and good for you!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• At least he comes home at night and you can see him. There are many others in your same shoes but their husbands cant be home with them at night. I am in your shoes as well...my husband leaves at 7 am and gets home usually btwn 730 and 9...very frustrating.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think that's how it is like it or not. I know it can be really tiring and stressful but if it weren't for him how would you guys survive? Just think of it this way men think work is their way of contributing to the family which it's not but that being said I think ur in the same boat as everyone else so quit complaining and enjoy the time you have with your kids. Who says you always have to be at home take the kids out and have fun once in awhile and it will be put on the back burner for awhile...I do the exact same thing my dh leaves at 5:30 am and comes home around 6 and I know it's tough but there is no use complaining because honestly what would that do to encourage him to do more??? That's men!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Talk, talk talk. Do not nag. I told my dh of a problem like this I was having. He could / would not come home earlier for me but he hired a girl to come in the evenings and help out for an hour or two to help take the stress off of me. Good luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 15, 2010